In today’s world, it is tough to maintain good health. Despite our best intentions to do the right thing, our bodies and minds are prone to backslides and it seems we are always looking for solutions for what ails us. Most of the time we are stuck between a rock and a hard place, trapped in a system where traditional healthcare beliefs and practices are the norm and anything outside of that is deemed unnecessary. This can be counterproductive, especially for those that are battling cancer.
Naturopathic oncology is a way to remedy this, and as a board certified and licensed naturopathic doctor in Ann Arbor, MI, Dr. Samm Pryce treats people with cancer using natural therapies. This includes customized genetic dietary changes, IV therapy, targeted nutritional supplementation, and more.
The problem with most treatments nowadays is that they do not consider the whole person – body, mind, spirit, and emotions, instead focusing on a tiny part of the whole, which may only help with some of the illness. When it comes to getting better, there isn’t just one cure, but a multitude of them. The way to achieve optimal health is to consider the whole person using a variety of methods, which will help achieve proper balance in his or her life.
Dr. Pryce prides herself on her extensive knowledge of various therapies and understands both natural and alternative cancer treatments and what works best given the situation. Her naturopathic approach to cancer strives to:
- Enhance the effectiveness of conventional treatments (chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery)
- Mitigate the side effects of conventional therapies (cachexia, pain, loss of taste (metallic taste), skin itching, nausea, etc.)
- Reduce the chance of reoccurrences
- Inhibit further growth and kill what is circulating (not a substitute for conventional treatment)
Dr. Pryce designs an individualized naturopathic oncology protocol specifically for and based on:
- The type and stage of cancer
- Conventional treatments- current or past (type of chemotherapy, radiation, surgery)
- Overall individual health.
The Naturopathic oncology protocol may include but is not limited to:
- Diet & Lifestyle (SWAMI)
- Nutrients (including Custom Vitamins)
- Intravenous therapy – High dose Vitamin C
- Botanical medicine
- Mistletoe Therapy
- Homeopathy (acute or referral for constitutional)
- Immune stimulation